Friday, April 3, 2015

Rhyming Picture Book of the Week: Mother Earth and Her Children

Every Friday as part of RhyPiBoMo I will be sharing a rhyming picture book that I read and loved that week. Today I am sharing an adaptation of a beautiful spring book by Sibylle Von Olfers, called Mother Earth and Her Children, A Quilted Fairy Tale. This gorgeous book has been translated into rhyming verse by Jack Zipes, and the illustrations are images from a glorious quilt, sewn by artist Sieglinde Schoen Smith.
The verse is simple and has an ease and lightness that suit the intricate details of the quilt. Special thanks and love to my mother, Helen for sending this book to my littlest on the first day of spring! xo

A Lovely Book Review
Where to buy the book
What is RhyPiBoMo?


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Karen for sharing your Friday Favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank *You for being such a great inspiration!

      Delete