Friday, June 15, 2012

She'll be Comin' Round the Poppy Mountain

I set up this blog four years ago. So I thought it would be nice to have a little resurrection, so to speak. Because right now it is a new beginning. I am starting along a new path: home schooling.

(And not only home schooling my Waldorf daughter. That's big news -- and for some perhaps shocking news. Considering I am a Waldorf teacher. But for others it may not be so surprising. Since my sons have home schooled through their high school career. They're going into their senior year this fall.)

I am also starting a small Waldorf enrichment program from my home. It's called Poppy Mountain. This summer, a story is going to come alive. A story about Billie the Blue Bellied Lizard, Mr. and Mrs. Quail, Cottontail Rabbit, Sage Boy and others. They all live on Poppy Mountain. And they will be the inspiration for all our fun, summery activities. The children with me will paint, cook, build forts, make clay, draw, and much more. My hope is that come autumn time, Poppy Mountain will continue to inspire home schooling youngsters with it's Waldorf flavor.

I thought it would be fun to chronicle our summer adventures on Poppy Mountain by waking up this little blog and giving her a kick start. Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment